Normal hours of operations 9:00-5:00 pm Monday - Friday.
- 1) The MEG Core Facility staff will be available to assist users during normal hours of operation. The MEG Core Facility staff MAY be able to assist users outside these hours, at their discretion, with prior authorization and notice of at least one week. You can submit staff supports via the staff support request form.
- 2) Users may schedule scans for after hours provided they are certified as an authorized independent user, and conduct studies in accordance with MEG policies and procedures. Please see User Guidelines for further information.
- 3) MEG Users will be given the MEG Lab keyless entry code during the MEG Orientation Training class.
- 4) During Normal Hours of Operations the MEG Lab may or may not be locked, however, if locked the door can be unlocked by using the access code. After Normal Hours of Operations and on the weekends the MEG Lab will be locked, however, access can be gained by using the keyless entry system.
- 4) All equipment, except for all computers (acquisition and workstation) and electronics, must be powered off upon departure.
- 5) It will be the responsibility of the user to make sure the lab is locked upon departure.
- 6) After hours access to the NMR Center, which houses the MEG Lab, is given at the discretion of the NMR Center staff.
Obtaining a MEG User Account
A user account will give users access to the scheduling calendar and provide access to the MEG Core data storage system.
- 1. User groups are required to have an IRB approved protocol with a description of the intended MEG research before any human subjects can be scanned.
- 2. A Facility Access Request Form (FAF) must be submitted electronically in order to become a MEG Lab user.
- 3. All the requested information must be provided, such as the protocol #, PI’s name, cell phone and office numbers.
- 4. When a Facility Access Request Form is received the accounts administrator will assign an account and issue a temporary password.
- 5. An email notification of the account name and temporary password will be sent to each applicant.
- 6. User accounts may not be shared.
Scan time will be requested and scheduled electronically via the web-based calendar
- 1 Scan time will be scheduled on a first-come-first-served basis.
- 2 All requests will be approved before going “live” on the public calendar.
- 3 All unapproved time requests will appear in red.
- 4 When a MEG Schedule Notification is received the administrator will be responsible for approving or denying the request.
- 5 Users will automatically receive an email message notifying them whether their time has been approved.
Requesting Time -
- 1. Click on Login location near the bottom of the MEG Schedule/Calendar.
- 2. Enter “Username” and “Password”.
- 3. Click on Login.
- 4. On the calendar - Click on the at the day and time desired.
- 5. Enter the “Add Entry” form information –
- a. Investigator’s Name - enter the last name of the PI / last name of the person who is going to run the scan (acquisition computer). For example - BERMAN / J. Mitchell. In this case Dr. Berman is the PI and Judy Mitchell is running the scan.
- b. Description of experiment – provide a simple description
- c. Comments - Use this field to enter any private comments to the MEG Core staff. These notes will not appear in the calendar. DO NOT enter personally identifying information (PII) into the calendar.
- d. Sensor position – Sitting or Supine.
- e. EEG electrodes – indicate whether EEG, EOG, EMG electrodes will be used.
- f. Date
- g. Time - military time.
- h. Duration – indicate how much time needed to complete your study. Please allow enough time for any possible delays (set up / prep time, subject late, equipment malfunction, etc.).
- i. Hold approval – only use holds if your subject needs to get back with you to confirm the appointment. Appointments can only be held for 2-3 days.
- j. Participants – DO NOT ALTER THIS FIELD (should always be admin for MEG staff who are doing the scheduling).
- k. Repeat Type – if a recurring appointment enter here; however, check with Staff Scientist before scheduling any repeats!
- l. Repeat End Date – *for recurring appointments only.
- m. Repeat Day (weekly) - *for recurring appointments only.
- n. Frequency – for recurring appointments only.
- 6. Click on “Save”.
- 7. To Edit or Cancel an Appointment
- a. Click on the login.
- b. Enter User Name and Password.
- c. Click on the entry to be changed (at the point where it gives the little popup detail description).
- d. Click on option: Edit entry, Delete entry, Add to My Calendar, etc.
- 7. To Edit or Cancel an Appointment
*Please note: you must be the owner to be able to edit or delete an entry in the schedule.