MEG Software and Analysis
MEG Data Analysis
This section covers all aspects of MEG data analysis. The following pages assume that you have AFNI installed and have a reasonably good idea of how to use it.
- Converting Brainsight Localizers or AFNI fiducials to tags or MNE transforms
- Connectivity Analysis Resources
- Links to different NIH lab github pages Github Links
Basic Tutorials for New/Inexperienced Researchers
Most MEG Core scripts are written in bash, which is the command line interface to Linux. Python is a more powerful programming language, and Tom and Jeff have written some of our scripts in Python, but you don't really need to know how they work, just what they do. The AFNI tutorial below is geared towards fMRI/BOLD analysis. For MEG analysis you can ignore all the BOLD things, we just use it for statistics and display of the final source reconstruction results. If you want to go more in depth, Tom can explain the ones we use. Biowulf can be employed later when you want it all to go faster.
- HPC: Introduction to Linux -- https://hpc.nih.gov/training/handouts/Introduction_to_Linux.pdf
- HPC: Bash Class -- https://hpc.nih.gov/training/bash_class/
- Python Tutorial -- https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/
- AFNI Introduction -- https://andysbrainbook.readthedocs.io/en/latest/AFNI/AFNI_Short_Course/AFNI_fMRI_Intro.html
- HPC: Introduction to Biowulf -- https://hpc.nih.gov/training/intro_biowulf
Stimulus Presentation Software
PsychoPy: Psychology software in Python PsychoPy is an open-source application that allows you to run a wide range of neuroscience, psychology and psychophysics experiments. It’s a free, powerful alternative to Presentation™ or to e-Prime™, written in Python (a free alternative to Matlab™ ).
Presentation: NeuroBehavioral Systems (NBS), Inc. Presentation® is a stimulus delivery and experiment control program for neuroscience written for Microsoft Windows.
E-prime 3: Psychology Software Tools E-Prime® 3.0 software for behavioral research. Build your own experiments using E-Prime’s easy-to-use graphical interface. Design, collect, and analyze data – all within a few hours!