ENIGMA MEG data upload
Steps prior to data upload
- Anonymize MEG data
- Anonymize and deface MRI (options below)
- Freesurfer: mri_deface : https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/mri_deface
- Pydeface: pydeface : https://github.com/poldracklab/pydeface
- SPM: spm_deface : https://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/spm/software/spm12/
- Brainstorm : MRI (right click) > Deface Volume : https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Introduction
- Fieldtrip: ft_defacevolume: https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/reference/ft_defacevolume
- Afni: @afni_refacer_run : https://afni.nimh.nih.gov/pub/dist/doc/htmldoc/tutorials/refacer/refacer_run.html
- Brainvoyager: : https://download.brainvoyager.com/bv/doc/UsersGuide/GettingStarted/AnonymizationAndDefacing.html
- Confirm defacing algorithm prior to upload using an MR viewer (many options above)
- Datasets for upload
- MEG resting state
- MEG emptyroom
- MEG/MRI Transformation matrix (or locations of head coils in MRI coordinates). Provided MRI must match transform or coil locations.
- MNE python (-trans.fif)
- Vendor transform (Still to be determined if this is acceptable)
- Subject list with age, gender, and other demographics (TBD)
Data to be included in the Enigma MEG mega-analysis and data harmonization procedure will be uploaded using the Globus software. Globus is a secure, fault-tolerant, peer-to-peer software based on GridFTP. Secure control signals are communicated with the Globus website, but data transfer is only performed between endpoints (peer-to-peer).
An endpoint per lab will be created on NIH storage and given access credentials via email. Only users within your lab and the NIH MEG Core will be able to view and write data in the provided endpoint. Once you receive an email from globus connecting you to a globus endpoint, you will need to create an account on the globus website associated with your institution.
The globus website will allow you to see the upload endpoint https://www.globus.org/
Required Software to see local data
Globus connect personal is used to browse local data for upload. https://www.globus.org/globus-connect-personal