Club MEG is our version of a journal club. We welcome NIH MEG researchers to lead discussions on any MEG topic, including interesting papers, experiment ideas, analysis techniques, or finding from your research.
Interested in presenting a topic? Email Fred Carver at email@example.com or Jeff Stout at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to present.
Notifications of upcoming talks are sent to the MEG_ANNOUNCE listserv.
- 05/20/2022 at 1:00pm Club MEG: (Presentation) - Resting Connectivity Changes in Temporal Lobe Epilepsy - Priyanka Shah - (Medical College of Wisconsin)
- 05/27/2022 at 1:00pm ML SIG: (Journal Club) MEGnet: Automatic ICA-based artifact removal for MEG using spatiotemporal convolutional neural networks - Jeff Stout
- 06/10/2022 at 1:00pm Club MEG: (Presentation) Communication Between the Amygdala and Cortex in the Context of Face Processing - Kunjan Rana
- 07/13/2022 at 10:00am (1.5hr) FRITES Theoretical Overview and Demo (Connectivity Calculation and Stats) - Etienne Combrisson & Andrea Brovelli - (Institut de Neurosciences de la Timone)
- 07/15/2022 at 1:00pm Club MEG: (Presentation) - Shruti Japee
- 07/29/2022 at 1:00pm ML SIG: (Journal Club) - Tom Holroyd
- 08/12/2022 at 1:00pm Club MEG: (Journal Club) - Sarah Grewal
- 08/26/2022 at 1:00pm Club MEG: (Journal Club) - Sharif Kronemer
- 09/16/2022 at 1:00pm Club MEG: (Journal Club) - Lindsay Oberman
- 10/??/2022 at 1:00pm Club MEG: MNE-ARI (All Resolutions Imaging) Theoretical Overview and Demo - John Veillette - (University of Chicago)
- 11/11/2022 at 1:00pm Club MEG: (Journal Club) - Anna Namyst
- 05/13/2022 Jess Gilbert - MEG Studies of Treatment-Resistant Depression and Ketamine Response
- 04/29/2022 Ethan Buch Consolidation of human skill linked to waking hippocampo-neocortical replay
- 04/08/2022 Allison Nugent Temporal hierarchy of intrinsic neural timescales converges with spatial core-periphery organization
- 03/10/2022 Stephen Robinson - Using Information Theory for MEG Studies (mp4)
- 02/11/2022 Megan Parker - Neural regulatory mechanism of desire for food: revealed by magnetoencephalography (article)
- 11/12/2021 Amaia Benitez, From ECoG to Magnetocorticography: Optically Pumped Magnetometers for Non-Invasive, High Resolution Imaging (mp4)
- 10/22/2021 Stephen Robinson,Fundamentals of Beamformers (mp4)
- Slides: SAM Beamforming Fundamentals
- 10/23/2020 Angela Wang and Tom Holroyd, Neurofeedback Discussion.
Previous Tutorials and Training
- MEG Hackathon 05/06/2022
- Eric Earl, Github Presentation and Discussion, 04/27/2022
- Jeff Stout, Intro to Git, 04/12/2022 -
- Jeff Stout, Intro Python, 03/29/2022 - Dictionaries/Functions/Scripts/Modules/commandline interface -- Recording Download (mp4)
- Fred Carver & Jeff Stout, Tutorial Link (01/21/22) -- MEG Group Data Analysis in AFNI and MNE Python
- Jeff Stout, MNE Python Tutorial 2021 -- Introduction to MEG processing with MNE Python
- NIMH MEG Core Staff, NIH MEG Short Course 2018 -- Useful training materials.
Special Interest Groups
Machine Learning Special Interest Group (ML SIG) - 4th Friday of every month 1-2pm. Contact Jeff Stout for more information on joining or presenting.
Prior ML SIG topics:
- 04/15/2022 Leonardo Claudino - Decoding Pipeline 
- 03/25/2022 Mina Kheirkhah Rahimabadi - Classification of brain responses to emotional image stimuli measured with MEG
- 03/04/2022 Dave Dash - Decoding speech with MEG   
- 01/28/2022 Lina Teichmann - Bayes Factors for Time-series Decoding
- 12/03/2021 Initial meeting for Machine Learning in MEG SIG - Journal Club discussion: Deconstructing multivariate decoding for the study of brain function
- https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211124721005398?via%3Dihub Consolidation of human skill linked to waking hippocampo-neocortical replay Ethan R. Buch, Leonardo Claudino, Romain Quentin, Marlene Bönstrup, Leonardo Cohen
- https://github.com/hcps-ninds/Replay ANALYSIS CODE: Consolidation of human skill linked to waking hippocampo-neocortical replay
- Dash D, Ferrari P, Wang J. Decoding Imagined and Spoken Phrases From Non-invasive Neural (MEG) Signals. Front Neurosci. 2020;14:290. Published 2020 Apr 7. doi:10.3389/fnins.2020.00290
- Dash D, Wisler A, Ferrari P, Davenport EM, Maldjian J, Wang J. MEG Sensor Selection for Neural Speech Decoding. IEEE Access. 2020;8:182320-182337. doi:10.1109/access.2020.3028831
- Dash D, Ferrari P, Dutta S, Wang J. NeuroVAD: Real-Time Voice Activity Detection from Non-Invasive Neuromagnetic Signals. Sensors (Basel). 2020;20(8):2248. Published 2020 Apr 16. doi:10.3390/s20082248